Leadership needs information about the organization’s performance on key metrics specific to an emergency event in addition to business as usual key performance indicators. Some KPIs are existing but should have new thresholds during a crisis event. Organizations that performed well throughout the crisis fully understood what measurements would drive their response decisions and were quickly able to find and review those details. Organizations who struggled may have experienced at least one of five issues:
- Key data for decision making was not captured or captured manually
- They did not know what KPIs would enable decision making
- The KPIs were poorly defined and did not provide insightful information
- Reporting capabilities, visibility, or access was limited for key decision makers
- Reporting was not timely and only provided a retrospective view of data
To learn more about your Target, click HERE to get the FREE P&T E-book now!