What are the Features?
Having trouble filling clinical staffing needs? Finding that your practice is accumulating more overtime throughout the year? These challenges, and more, can be mitigated by investing in a Workforce Management Software to help track and manage clinical staffing and scheduling, while also reducing the manual work needed to manage the schedule.
Benefits of using a Workforce Management Software:
- Increased visibility and ease of shift scheduling and tracking
- Smarter and more effective Overtime (OT) utilization
- Reduced instances of insufficient staff
- Better understanding of staffing needs or gaps
- Increased employee mental and physical health
- Potentially decreased labor costs
In Table A, we explore six softwares and their respective Out of the Box (OOTB) features.
|Functionality||ROVR Med||Symplr||TCP Software||Kronos||QGenda||OnShift|
|Staff Scheduling Visibility||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Credential Tracking, Storage, and Updating||✓||✓|
|Direct Message Capabilities||✓|
|Mobile Clocking and Time Tracking||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Data Protection and Security||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Overtime (OT) Tracking||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Custom Scheduling Rules||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|On-Call Availability Tracking||✓||✓|
|Reports and Analytics||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Mobile Version of App Available||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Geo Tracking/Geo Fencing||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
*See full table click here
The table below provides a summary of the OOTB feature count as well as other variables deemed useful for narrowing down a list of best-in-breed Workforce Management Softwares solutions for healthcare. Each variable was summarized as follows for a rank order.
OOTB Features + Customer Satisfaction Rating – Cost of License = Tool Score
|Metric||Kronos||QGenda||OnShift||ROVR Med||TCP Software||Symplr|
|OOTB Features (1-17)||15||16||15||15||14||13|
|Customer Satisfaction Rating||17.7||16||16||16||16||16|
|Cost of License||$$||$$||$$||$$||$$||$$$|
*See full table click here
* No publicly available scores for ROVR Med, Symplr, TCP Software, QGenda, and InShift were provided, so a score of 16 was used assuming that the score would be no lower than 4 out of 5 on each of the four metrics used in the Gartner study.
- OOTB Features – the sum of all OOTB features identified through vendor websites using the standardized list in Table A. The score they got means that they had # out of the total 17 that were accounted for in Table A.
- Customer Satisfaction Rating – a summation of the Ratings Overview scores received for each product on the Gartner page referenced here. The sum is of 4 sub scores are customer submitted are in Evaluation & Contracting, Integration & Deployment, Service & Support, and Product Capabilities.
- Cost of License – indicates the costs of licenses for the tool based on available information. Note total cost of ownership varies by vendor on many variables not researched in this summary.